Welcome at Dissens
Dissens e.V. is a non-profit NGO which was founded in 1989 and offers advisory, education and research services. Its aim is to foster gender democracy, reduce gender hierarchies and to help prevent men from committing violent acts.
Consulting and training
Dissens offers gender mainstreaming, gender training and consulting in a variety of areas. We advise individuals and teams in the setting up of gender specific projects, including co-ed projects and offer projects on various topics for school classes and other groups.
Dissens carries out research in the field of 'equality', 'gender democracy', 'the future of work' and 'violence, conflict and human rights'. Research results are disseminated and put into practice in gender training, further education, seminars, lectures and publications.
More on research
- Co-ordination Action on Human Rights Violations (CAHRV)
- Dialogue between the Genders
- GemTrEx - Professionalisierung für Gender-TrainerInnen und -ExpertInnen (in german)
- Gender Loops
- genderWerk (in german)
- IGIV - Implementation Guidelines for Intersectional Peer Violence Prevention
- Intersektionale Gewaltprävention (in german)
- Jungenarbeit und Schule (in german)
- New paths for boys
- PeerThink (in german)
- Study on the Role of Men in Gender Equality
- Unser Platz (in german)
- Work Changes Gender
- Work with Perpetrators of Domestic Violence in Europe
There is the possibility to do an internship at Dissens. Currently no payment is possible, but we will try to find solutions for this in the future. A connection to specific projects is desired.
An application by email with CV is sufficient. Please include a brief description of Dissens activities / projects you are particularly interested in.